Friday, April 3, 2020

What Once Was Never Was

"Get the bacon, Jake?"
I ask at breakfast.
"Yep," he says.
I had not seen him
step behind me --
so much for the omnipotence 
of the father.

        The Heart or That Thing Called Love

I listen to my heart and restrain
my mind knowing the kinds
of problems an unrestrained mind
can create
                  preferring an unrestrained
heart
        trusting instinctively its knowledge
over the logics and arguments  the mind
presents indifferent to honesty or lies
running wild because it can while
pretending not to.
                          The heart is a mystery
and the mind is a problem --
I've lived in more mysteries
than problems:
                        problems I want to solve,
                        mysteries to get lost in
because being found in some mystery
is better than solving a problem.
Don't get me wrong -- I love to solve a problem
but not as much as getting lost and getting found.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...