Friday, March 13, 2020

This Again

The words of the  mind are not
the words of the heart.
                                That's the difference
between craft and art,
fantasy and dream,
infatuation and love.
                              Two questions often confused:
What do you feel?
What do you think? are not the same
question.
              So much harder to get the illusive,
often more silent, language of the heart
just right.
              So much easier to begin
with A and conclude with Z.
For a long time, I spoke the language
of the mind;
experience has corrected me accordingly
to my joy and sorrow
                               though always I hear
the admonition, "Don't throw the baby
out with the bath water!"
and that echo of laughter.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Only One

There are many things I would have preferred differently.  A lifelong marriage, happy endings to stories that could not end happily.  A body...