Friday, May 22, 2020

That Order

I have seen deer and bear and turkey,
robins in the yard, barn swallows 
in the air, women I have loved,
words read or heard so order time
and place
                to make me question why
I would ever follow a law again.
And think or feel or understand that 
law is a charlatan of order.
That each of us know the order of things,
of who we are and that to be, thereof,
breaks all law and commandments.
Should and ought,
thou shall, thou shall not
turn into profanity.
                         I am dreaming.
The preference for law over order we call
history.
           I never forget that "dreams are more
real than reality"
and we've all known -- at least once -- that sense
of order where nothing else was needed. 

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...