Wednesday, January 22, 2020

That Nature

Something or someone has awakened me
from my bear sleep and bear dream
of naked women in the aisles
of the tabernacle singing the blues.
Restlessly I am walking
through the rooms of my house
looking for the culprit
but only see myself reflected
in the windows, mirrors
                                    and I have
to surmise I am the one
who has broken into sleep and dream
somehow disturbed by that lumbering
gait, those rolled shoulders,
the face and body changing easily
between the bear and me.
There are gifts we can and cannot
show and it's confusing how 
two creatures can be in one body,
one heart, one soul
                               as if some complimentary
reality has fitted us together
making the whole greater than the parts.
So I make my coffee,
look at my hands,
sniff the air and sigh
letting that bear dream go
into the morning light,
growl to greet the day.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art by Zach Baker

Pride #1 2024 Untitled 2024