Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Heartsong

I have a song, deep in my heart,
And only I can hear it.
If I close my eyes and sit very still
It is so easy to listen to my song.
When my eyes are open and
I am so busy and moving and busy,
If I take time and listen very hard,
I can still hear my heart-song.
It makes me feel happy.
Happier than ever.
Happier than everywhere
And everything and everyone
In the whole wide world.
Happy like thinking about
Going to Heaven when I die.
My Heartsong sounds like this ---
I love you! I love you!
How happy you can be!
How happy you can make
This whole world be!
And sometimes it’s other
Tunes and words, too, 
But it always sings the 
Same special feeling to me.
It makes me think of 
Jamie, and Katie and Stevie,
And other wonderful things.
This is myspecial song.
But do you know what?
Everyonehas a special song
Inside their hearts!
Everyone in the whole wide world
Has their own special Heartsong.
If you believe in magical, musical hearts,
And if you believe you canbe happy,
Then you, too, will hear yoursong.

Mattie J.T. Stepanek
March 8, 1996 (Age 5)
Used with permission
In Journey Through Heartsongs(Hyperion, 2002)


No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...