Friday, March 8, 2019

No One Listens

I will never not listen
Your voice like streets
Of the sea teeming
Turned over, trembling and
Tumultuous

Sometimes you’re too loud
The sounds stab through my soul,
Wound and screw us up
To stripping

Sometimes you’re too distant
Soft-padded, erased of detail
And haggard like rain-bloated sky
So far away yet anchored
To the bedrock of me.

Such a busy harbor am I
Such shouts and workings without rest
It is an effort to hear, to comprehend
World outside of me

But for you I will always listen
Straining forward for a slightest whisper
At the cost of both present and memory
Currency worth spending

To cut through the incessant clamour
Of this distraction that passes for life
To cling to the calm you can be

Speak to me, my love and lord,
Break your waves upon me:
I am listening


 -Sabne Raznik

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art by Zach Baker

Pride #1 2024 Untitled 2024