Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Joanne @ BINGO


Her platinum blonde hair was a firm 

     spunky Irish when she was a kid
And compelled me to wish for time travel
     as I have loved her since she's existed

She says she'll table dance if she wins
All for a package of crackers I'd have 
    never kicked her out of bed for eating
Says if I'm lucky she'll pick Mardi Gras beads

I told her that from her wedding picture 
     Veronica Lake had nothing on her 
She said straight into my transparent heart: 
     "I've had a good life"

. . .and I was lucky


           *** 
~ Girard Tournesol http://www.thewatershedjournal.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...