Monday, September 17, 2018

My Papaw

My Papaw



My Papaw’s gone, but I remember well,

Born in the hills, chocked full of mountain pride,

One man alone, he really went thru hell,

Followed his wits, kept his kin by his side,


Raised on the farm, then forced into the mine,

Always worked long, from dawn until the night,

Kept all from harm, and stood tall like a pine,

Papaw was strong, never shrank from the fight,


Some fell aside, and their lives hit the skids,

He kept going, thru weather, war and strife,

He held his stride, and worked hard for his kids,

There’s no knowing, of a better lived life,


We have no longer, his strengthening touch,

He made us stronger, we miss him so much. By: Philip Kent Church https://www.facebook.com/Philip-Kent-Church-1409887615889348/



No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...