Sunday, December 25, 2022

Prometheus Hope

In deep darkness

the country is gnawed

by a despot with his teeth

free people of the righteous,

the Moscow executioner transformed them.

 

Cossack’s land, steppes of descendants

burned the cannibal to the background,

and now in the homes of the Ukrainians

there is no light either.

 

I meet the autumn twilight at the threshold,

the wind is blowing, frost is near

who drew heads on blades of grass all around.

 

Oh, that there would be spring

so that there is light and warmth, 
I think about it.

 

The eighth month of the eighth year

torments Cerberus the East

I have no peace

I wish victory for the state with all my heart,

Please, God fire cease!

 

To have a dream is to have an incentive,

cry and want with thirst meet Prometheus

to give divine fire

shine in people's homes and warm them.

 

My restless soul

the heart worries

make my dream come true God

she is already on her way to You, father!


 -Slava (Vyacheslav) Konoval

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Only One

There are many things I would have preferred differently.  A lifelong marriage, happy endings to stories that could not end happily.  A body...