Sunday, December 25, 2022

A Master Who Has Passed Away

The clamp on the pipeline changes

a tired man in a sharp cap,

listening to his swollen hands

drops of fuel oil are visible,

which are stuck under the nails.

 

Pallor on the face

the second week bothers him

wrinkles flutter with sorrow,

dad’s pancreatic disease,

like gangrene

a snake that cannot be held in chains.

 

The man had strength and intelligence,

I envied you, dad.

You left me alone

on both sides of the road to life.

 

Dad called me

to him in the garage,

and I bathed in worldly affairs,

now it hurts to be a wasted moment.

 

I saw You off, dad,

a stone on the heart.

 

-Slava (Vyacheslav) Konoval

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Only One

There are many things I would have preferred differently.  A lifelong marriage, happy endings to stories that could not end happily.  A body...