Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Woodland Sequence

1
I thought I saw a deer
where one had appeared
before, the ghost of that
moment still present.  

2
The raucous harmony
of caw caw
disturbed everything.

3
If you have not been
in the woods when sunlight
strikes frosted leaves,
no one can tell you what
you've missed.

4
A deer stands still
until it moves;
how long means nothing.

5
Look into the sun
and tell me
the virtue of light.

6
In hunting, things
have to be a certain way
and you have to be ready;
the same is true
when you're not hunting.

7
One doe, two bucks,
five turkeys.   When
they showed, where
they were,  how they
didn't see me --
I've taken it in.

8
The fallen leaf moved
across the ground
then stopped
as the breeze continued.

9
The falling leaves fool
me; I  smile,
listen again.

10
Nearly all the leaves
are down; you'd
think I'd hear
better than I do.

11
The bed of love
is the holy of holies--
we've always known that. 

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...