Friday, September 13, 2019

Story Time

The stories I once told about myself
now no longer mean much.
                             It's not as if I've
created a new me, but chapter after 
chapter has closed: footnotes sometimes
arise, some enhancement or smile
proclaim the strength of remembering.
Though I, by and through, implications
of my acts consequential have, do live
and still have stories to tell but
ones closer to my end than my beginning.
Because that is nearer, of course;
and anyone who  has ever written
a story knows how hard it is to get
                                                 the end just right.

-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...