Friday, January 5, 2024

Snow On the Ground

It was a fine morning to hunt.  Snowing.  

But then I thought I didn’t want to leave 

any track for God to follow me.  

I was content to stay inside,

leave no sign.  And if God wanted to track

me, my heart was crisscrossed enough

with my recognizable track to follow.

Not that I mind being tracked by God – 

I return the favor – but the beauty of the snow

on the ground and continuing to fall 

changed my dreams to later in the day,

to the time before dusk.  Who’s to say there

won’t be other sign on the ground and I 

can walk into the woods unnoticed,

hunt and meditate quietly no longer certain

if I hunt to meditate or meditate to hunt

though certain I don’t want another 

hunter close to me.


-Byron Hoot

https://hootnhowlpoetry.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...