Thursday, February 3, 2022

A Winter Night During A Pandemic

1/29/2022


My throat,

a smoky rock;

My body,

a drying land;

Will my dream dehydrate too

like a withered tree

in this thirsty winter night?


Watering,

watering,

watering…

But it's still a desert

under the blazing sun.


Has Omicron been here?

A bell rings.

A vulture hovers high

until dawn.

My humidifier was off

the whole night…


-Katherine Liu

2022年1月29日


瘟疫时期的一个冬夜

 

我的咽喉,

是冒烟的岩石;

我的身躯,

是快干涸的土地;

我的梦,

也会失水吗?

犹如一株枯树

在这干渴的冬夜。

 

喝水,

喝水,

喝水……

但这里仍是

烈日下的戈壁。

 

是奥米克绒来过吗?

钟声响起,

一只秃鹰高高盘旋

直至黎明。

我的加湿器关闭了

整整一夜……



No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...