Friday, April 23, 2021

Slippage

It is snowing and time has slipped again,

a not uncommon phenomenon anymore

but still unnerving when a season is interrupted

in its flow and what is next delayed the way

this snow is falling.  Regression.  Yes and yet no;

this slippage and this snow joining just so

last night, today, probably not tomorrow.

I can’t say that about that other slippage though, 

that’s something whose beginning and end

I know nothing of until one arrives then leaves 

the time in-between unknowable and always

different.  I may deeply sigh, smile sadly, laugh

with a moment lingering memory relishes,

forget where I am, say a wrong name, 

smile like a fool and suddenly find I am where

I am – the slippage like this snow . . . something

out of season for just a little while.


-Byron Hoot

http://hootnhowlpoetry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

See You Tomorrow

The body ages and my hope is   so the heart and soul ferment  existence into an elixir only ageing can possess.   Something to do about the ...