Sunday, January 19, 2020

Awhile

Break  me no more for awhile.
Even I need, if I don't deserve it, time
to heal;
            surely, time and circumstance 
also hold mercy.
Keep me from looking at the wounds
by which watching does nothing,
the transfiguration coming from within,
unseen until only the scar of memory
holds that story.
                       Break me no more
today or tomorrow or the next day.
Certainly, this can be understood
better than I can say.
                              I don't think it's impossible
for this to be heard, to hear,"Okay.
Alright."
           Break me no more
                                         for awhile.
-Byron Hoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Only One

There are many things I would have preferred differently.  A lifelong marriage, happy endings to stories that could not end happily.  A body...